|Salary||£35000 - £41000|
Location: Ideally based in Cambridge (going into the office every so often, if possible). If not other areas with remote-working will be considered.
Term: This is a 12-month maternity cover contract. There is a possibility of it being extended.
If you are a high-level secretarial professional, this is a unique chance to continue honing your skills in an internationally renowned firm of UK and European Patent and Trademark Attorneys. They handle the full range of IP rights for a global client base - from a multinational seeking a global IP strategy, to start-ups company launching a new product or brand, or an institution seeking protection for research results. The client-base is large, varied, and offers dynamic work day-to-day.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the secretarial team and the allocation of workflow within the immediate team to ensure the provision of adequate support to a group of fee earners using general office facilities and by following office policies and procedures.
In conjunction with other Team Co-ordinators, and the HR department, the candidate also has responsibility for arranging cover / support for all secretarial team absence within their immediate team and throughout the London office.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Supervising and monitoring the allocation of work to other secretaries within the group on a daily basis.
• Ensure that the fee earning teams requirements for audio/copy typing and amendments of e-mail, letters and specifications are provided.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-workers and clients.
• Manage, organise and update relevant data using the firm’s database applications.
• Attend to and oversee the correct routing of post, internal and external e-mails on a daily basis (including the file as necessary) to the appropriate fee earner.
• Billing – preparation of monthly client accounts, invoices, credit and debit notes adding service charges to Work In Progress (WIP) as appropriate.
• Prepare weekly last day list, deal with any queries and clear deadlines due that week.
• General updating of records system as required.
• Manage and maintain an organised file system, update current files with paperwork and following closing process, re-organising shelves / racks to accommodate new and parcelled / closed files.
• Attending to matters unprompted where possible, including drafting letters or producing fee faxes and standard letters on more routine matters for fee earner to check prior to sending.
• Look up client information and prepare documentation using IPT as per fee earners instructions.
• Liaise with formalities department regarding dates to be monitored from any correspondence received.
• Liaise with formalities regarding entering new and miscellaneous Patent, Trade Mark and Design files onto IPT.
• Liaising with the IPT administrator to ensure the CRM system is maintained with up-to-date client information.
• Updating and checking various client platforms and email systems as per their requirements, including uploading of correspondence, monitoring deadlines, invoices etc.
Management / Supervisory Ability - Some people-management skills, experience and a natural ability will be useful, coupled with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Ability to prioritise
Work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel
IP experience 4 years +
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- email@example.com - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.