|Salary||£28000 - £35000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
This is a thriving London IP boutique, specialising in trade marks and designs. While being a young firm, they are highly rated by the likes of WTR 1000 and are experiencing continued growth. They act for a suite of famous brands, particularly in the entertainment, music, sport, publishing and fashion sectors.
We are seeking a permanent, capable and self-motivated Trade Mark Paralegal to join the
team as soon as possible. The role is varied, challenging at times but professionally very
rewarding. The office environment is casual and fun, and the firm pride themselves on
taking a different approach to their work.
A selection of the core day-to-day work involved is as follows:
- Drafting specifications and filing and prosecuting trade mark applications through to registration at the UKIPO and EUIPO;
- Filing and registering UK and EU design applications;
- Liaising with foreign attorneys to prepare and file foreign trade mark applications, including resolving specification queries and refusals on the relative grounds;
- Preparing arguments and written evidence at the UKIPO and EUIPO on the absolute and relative grounds;
- Drafting cease and desist letters;
- Dealing with trade mark renewals, recordals and licences;
- Docketing deadlines on our electronic system (IPPO/WebTMS);
- Ordering UK/EUTM searches, assisting with the analysing of results, and reporting to the client on risks/views;
- Instructing foreign attorneys to conduct trade mark searches;
It is would be an advantage that applicants for this role have successfully completed either the CITMA Paralegal course, the Queen Mary Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, or Bournemouth University's Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property.
This role is very hands-on, emailing and liaising with clients and other firm contacts
directly, and monitoring and managing own active matters. Attention to detail, concision, and clarity are therefore critical. Our primary focus is always our client service, so those happy to take a proactive approach to their own workload and advice, with support from the partners as needed, will thrive.
If you are interested then please apply or get in touch to discuss further!
Either apply via this advert or:- Call +44(0) 20 8076 8394 or email email@example.com
Caselton Clark are a specialist Intellectual Property Recruitment agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on Patent and Trademark vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44(0) 20 8076 8394