|Salary||£65000 - £85000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
Salary: (Flexible and dependent on experience - Estimation £65k - £85k)
This is a permanent position in a full-service international law firm that represents clients in the world's most dynamic industries and some of the globe's top brands. They have 30+ offices around the world that integrate the best of local business, industry and cultural knowledge.
This position is within their large and established international Intellectual Property/Information Technology group that has an excellent reputation in the field. The team advises global clients on a wide range of IP issues through the full lifecycle of a business, and across a large variety of matters - including trademarks and designs registration, high profile licensing arrangements and regulatory advice. They integrate all aspects of trade mark and design practice into one team in order to provide a full service, advising not just on clearance, prosecution and portfolio management, but also anticipating and handling litigation.
The successful candidate can expect to handle (but not be limited to):
- Managing international trade mark portfolios with a fairly high degree of autonomy but working alongside partners and supervising more junior trade mark assistants, with support from paralegals and our formalities team.
- Filing and prosecuting trade marks on a worldwide basis, including the UK, EU and Madrid system.
- Gathering and presenting witness statement evidence to show acquired distinctiveness, reputation or for infringement purposes.
- Drafting legal submissions for UKIPO or EUIPO proceedings and handling UKIPO hearings (whether doing advocacy themselves or through counsel).
- Advising on assignment or recordal projects and implementing them to run within budget, on time and with efficient reporting.
With some added Know How and Business Development:
- Working with partners to give cost estimates for filing, recordal, clearance or other projects.
- Assisting partners to develop and strengthen client relationships.
- Proactive contribution to business development, offering thought leadership and building the profile of the firm in this area.
Candidates should be CITMA qualified as a Trademark Attorney.
We are looking for someone who is truly interested and passionate about intellectual property - They keep up to date with the latest IP developments and follow the industry closely.
You must be dynamic, passionate and personable.
The role is intended to be a mid-level trade mark attorney role. We are looking for a candidate experienced with working fairly autonomously and directly with clients to manage their portfolios in a wide range of industry sectors. At least one of those portfolios should be reasonably substantial and active.
Experience of handling cases at the UKIPO and EUIPO is essential, as is working quite extensively with foreign associates. Some experience working in an in-house trade mark department of a brand owning company could be useful but is not essential.
Please enquire for further details.
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- Stephen@caseltonclark.co.uk - or - call:- +44 (0) 203 443 7083.
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on 0203 443 7090.