|Salary||£90361 - £108433 per annum + Additional Benefits|
We are proud to be working exclusively with the pharmaceutical arm of one of the world's leading manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods. They are hiring a qualified European Patent Attorney into their north-Belgium HQ.
This is to operate in their Law Department and this position reports to a Senior Director Patent Law EMEA.
You should have at least a Masters, preferably Ph.D. Degree, in life sciences, pharmacy or chemistry. This is combined with at least 5 years of experience in patent practice. You will ideally be a fully qualified EU Patent Attorney, although partial pass or a national qualification will also be considered.
A demonstrated competency in the field of pharmaceutical drug discovery, development, and commercialization is an advantage.
Substantial experience drafting and prosecuting pharmaceutical-related patent applications is preferred. As is excellent inter-personal and communication skills allowing to relate easily at all levels within the organisation, particularly to those in the R&D functions.
You must have a proficient knowledge of English.
- Pro-actively look for inventions and create and maintain awareness about use and necessity of patent applications among employees in order to ensure that new inventions are timely identified by or communicated to the IP department in order to file patent applications.
- Perform thorough analysis on prior art in order to fully understand the technical and commercial value of the invention and in order to be able to determine the optimal scope of the patent application.
- Prepare, draft, prosecute and ensure filing and maintenance of patent applications in order to secure protection for the firm's inventions in the form of Intellectual Property. Preferably, the candidate possesses the initiative and experience required to administer a patent portfolio with the minimum of supervision.
- Interact with internal company clients and discuss research projects, inventions and developments with these clients in order to advise on the 'freedom-to-operate' thereof as well as on the patent exclusivity that such developments enjoy.
- Participate in business development by providing expert advice in license negotiations with other companies and analyze any format agreements with these companies in order to defend and support thew company's interests in the domain of patents.
- Provide IP related support in research and development collaborations between in-house R&D and 3rd parties.
If you are interested, please get in touch for more details.
Please apply either via this advert or Email: Stephen@caseltonclark.co.uk - or - call: +44 (0) 207 559 6702.
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on 020 7559 6702