|Salary||£50000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits|
Salary: Dependent on level but market competitive. Salary will be flexible according to the level of individual, those closer to senior partner will be at the higher end of the salary bracket.
A highly client-driven firm of intellectual property professionals are now hiring for a patent attorney with a technical background in biotechnology. They are considering those that are nearly qualified, and up to a senior partner. The senior partner would have to be the right candidate and bring a book of work with them. The salary and responsibilities for a more experienced individual will reflect their level.
You will be reporting into a lead partner in the business and this position is perfect for someone who is keen and hungry to go out and get more work in and grow the book/happy doing some marketing and BD (you will be supported in this).
The work tends to be direct UK clients, mainly universities - including Oxford, Nottingham and Birmingham, overseas clients and more. This will be a mix of drafting and prosecution. The individual will work with the chemistry team, but the bio team is a discrete team and all bio work goes to them.
As a patent attorney position you can expect to:
- Instruct patentability searches and report findings to the client
- Draft specifications for new patent applications
- File patent applications with the UK IPO and EPO
- Draft amendments and examination responses
- Instruct foreign attorneys in filing and prosecution of foreign patent and design applications
- Advise on enforcement of IP rights and dispute resolution
- Instruct infringement searches and report findings
- Prepare and file oppositions on behalf of clients and attend to filing responses during the written stage of opposition procedures
- Prepare and file appeals on behalf of the client and attend to filing responses during the written stage of appeal procedures
- Instruct and advise on freedom to operate searches
If you are interested, please get in touch for more details.
Apply via this advert or Email: Stephen@caseltonclark.co.uk - or - call: +44 (0) 207 559 6702.
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on 020 7559 6702