|Salary||£26,000 - £32,000|
This is a full-service international law firm, working with clients in the world’s most dynamic industries. They are a global player, with offices around the world that blend the best of local business, industry and cultural knowledge with international experience. This firm's clients range from promising new start-ups to multinational leaders of industry, with a client base that includes 60% of the world’s top 50 brands.
They are experiencing continued growth and so this is a newly-created position for a Brand Protection Paralegal in their Liverpool office. While this person is expected to be present in the Liverpool office, there can certainly be individual conversations dependant on peoples circumstances / reasons eg commute etc. if there needs to be some home-working.
They have a large and strong international Intellectual Property/Information Technology group, with an outstanding reputation in the field of IP and IT, and regularly highly ranked. The team advises global clients on a wide range of IP issues through the full lifecycle of a business, and across a large variety of matters – from trade marks and designs registration, high profile licensing arrangements, regulatory advice, to representation in patent litigation and advice on patent transactions and other technology related matters.
The role reports to the Brand Protection Administration Manager and includes:
• Undertaking trade mark and design filing, prosecution and registry formalities tasks working directly with the associates/attorneys and with the partners
• Responding to queries from fee earners and other team members regarding trade mark and designs formalities matters
• Completing and submitting registry forms for new trade mark and design applications, oppositions, assignments and other recordals
• Liaising with foreign associates regarding new trade mark and design applications, assignments and other registry-related actions
• Assisting with the handling of foreign associate invoices, including keeping records of estimates/quotes against which invoices are to be compared and making recommendations as regards approval of the invoice
• Timely and accurate entering/removing/amending of data in WebTMS system, including suitable file notes
• Preparing trade mark schedules (application and renewals)
• Liaising directly with clients for reporting standard updates and handling basic portfolio-related client queries
• Assisting with tracking all correspondence from IPOs and foreign associates including responses to office actions and maintaining the associated deadlines
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- firstname.lastname@example.org - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.