|Salary||£32,000 - £40,000|
This is the European R&D arm for a global chemicals company. The company's teams possess world-class expertise in physics, chemistry, engineering, microelectronics, materials and life sciences. They work across a wide range of technology fields including reducing environmental impact, Information, Communications and Technology (ICT), healthcare, and food.
The purpose of this position is to support the Corporate Venturing and Innovation (CVI) team as well as other project teams, by performing and analysing a myriad of IP searches, landscapes and various other IP related projects. Responsibilities include:
• Develop, conduct and analyse comprehensive search strategies/results for a variety of landscapes, clearance, patentability, and validity searches for business management, IP colleagues, and technology scouting purposes.
• Develop and collaborate with third party search companies to perform landscapes, whitespace analyses, and various other IP searches.
• Communicate search results, and provide deliverables, in the form of landscapes, patent maps, and charts from items 1 and 2 above, formally, and informally, to management, IP and technology scouting colleagues, in a timely manner.
• Maintain IP department software licenses and updates and serve as the primary liaison between the IP team and external providers of search tools and databases and organise training for the IP team.
• Maintain proficiency with commercial patent searching databases and other proprietary databases of technical publications.
• Arrange IP alerts, and analyse competitor IP developments, and communicate findings with internal stakeholders.
• You will ideally be educated to degree level in Chemistry or Biochemistry, or a field that lends itself to these technical backgrounds.
• Experience in patent landscaping is essential and relevant work experience in patent analysis gained within an IP team would be preferred.
• Experience with a major patent related database and performing patent searches, for example, Derwent Innovation, PatentSight, STN, Orbit or a similar system would be preferred.
• Ability to communicate and present IP Search/Landscape results in a clear and concise manner to internal stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of standard computer programs (for example, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- email@example.com - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.