|Salary||£30,000 - 40,000|
*Currently a remote-working role, and then post-pandemic will be a mix of days in the London office and days working from home (a 3/2 day split).*
If you are an experienced trade mark secretary, this is an opportunity to work with a team of four other Trade Mark secretaries in what is one the UK and Europe's leading firms of intellectual property professionals. This position will initially be supporting one Partner and two trainees. All secretarial staff work for more than one Fee Earner (depending on the quantity of work).
This will be a busy and at times challenging role and so we require a confident person who has excellent communications skills plus solid experience working in a trade mark support role. This is full-time role and part-time will not be considered. An experienced Trade Mark secretary will be expected to be able to:
• Coordinate invoicing, including checking incoming invoices from foreign attorneys, matching with cost estimates, raising queries when necessary and applying invoices to the appropriate files
• Updating tracker documents used to report matter events and milestones to clients
• Scanning of document and e-filing is an important part of the role as there is generally a high quantity of this, and the secretary will therefore be expected to deal with this on a daily basis
• Processing invoices
• Produce standard letters, file notes, memos etc. (in accordance with the firm’s style)
• Print off deadline list for Fee Earners
• Be proficient in Word, PDF Docs and Microsoft Outlook packages – Inprotech experience and experience of document management system advantageous, but not essential
• Able to produce work from dictations and also from manuscript documents
• Assisting with deadline reminders
• Diary management
• Filing email correspondence to relevant DMS folder
• Processing fee earners’ expense claims
• Assisting with arranging travel when necessary
• Other ad hoc duties as and when required
The successful candidate will also be required to assist the Trade Mark paralegals with reporting of all applications, producing standard letters, routine forms, routine trade mark searching, presentation of results, standard prosecution reporting including; filing receipts, EU search reports, acceptances, publication letters and registration certificates. Also, any other ad hoc duties that may arise. Training will be given where necessary.
You must be able to produce high quality, accurate work, have good written and communication skills, be able to prioritise your own workload and work to tight deadlines if required. You need to have the ability to use you own initiative, be proactive and work with minimum supervision.
This role requires you to have a flexible approach to your working hours as there will be occasions where you are required to work later than 4.30pm.
CITMA qualification is desirable.
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- firstname.lastname@example.org - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.