*Salary is currently confidential - Please apply or get in contact for more details*
We are delighted to have partnered exclusively with Grifols, a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information, and services they need to deliver expert medical care. Grifols have worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world for over 75 years and in this newly created position within the IP team you will report in directly to and work alongside the Head of Intellectual Property who is based in Dublin.
As Senior Patent Counsel you will ensure that Grifols obtains effective intellectual property rights over its innovations and developments. You will also advise on the intellectual property rights of third parties that could be infringed by Grifols’ operations. You will be working within a dynamic team and in collaboration with other stake holders in business including legal, financial and innovation who are located in different centres in the US and Spain.
The expectations of the role are high but Grifols is a diverse and supportive business and you will be given all the tools and support that you need to effectively execute your role. During this exciting time of change in the business there will be opportunities to develop and grow with the role in line with the IP goals of the business.
Grifols' Dublin base of operations has grown in the last 7 years, with an amazing office, a team of about 250 and a heavy emphasis on work / life balance. The working culture is quite informal and the current working systems in place are in line with government recommendations and will continue to be so until the pandemic is over. We are looking for individuals who have experience of working within a corporate environment but who are also able to execute their work with autonomy.
What your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Ensuring all IP activities run efficiently, adherence to IP policies at Grifols and internal/external deadlines.
• Responsibility for the protection of all innovations arising with the Grifols group (R&D, Commercial, etc.)
• Providing IP support to internal clients within Grifols: R&D, Medical Affairs, Innovation, Marketing, etc. and commercially focused advice to R&D/Innovation divisions to foster innovation and its protection.
• Maintain fluent communication and provide regular updates to management in respect of all IP issues.
• Keep abreast of developments in IP law, best practice, and update management in relation to the same.
• The monitoring of patent filings of Grifols’ competitors and providing strategic advice and feedback internally in relation to competitor activity.
• Give commercially focused advice in relation to novel third-party technologies and potential third-party collaborations.
• Supervision of outside counsel in prosecution and adversarial matters.
Who you are:
• Ideally hold a PhD in Life Sciences or Chemistry.
• Preferably dual-qualified European Patent Attorney/EU National Patent Attorney, or Licensed US Lawyer (potentially)
• 4+ years post-qualification experience with a strong background in Pharma/Biotech (ideally antibodies / proteins).
• Preferably from an in-house background with experience in reviewing legal agreements.
• Scientific background with strong understanding of Intellectual Property Laws in both the US and Europe.
• Strong MS Office skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
• Ability to be a team player and work effectively with cross-functional team.
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- Stephen@caseltonclark.co.uk - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.