*Salary currently confidential at request of Client. Please apply or get in contact for more details*
This is one of the most extensive government laboratories in the UK and has a prestigious reputation for its role in setting and maintaining physical standards for British industry. The company's intellectual property underpins the majority of their work and supports the real-world impact created through adoption of their technologies. They have a strong record of commercialisation - the IP has supported the growth of UK companies as well as commercialisation through routes such as spin-outs.
They are offering a 14-month secondment (maternity cover) for an IP Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for an IP specialist to expand their experience and knowledge, working across all of the company's many science disciplines. The role is based our of their HQ but hybrid working between home and the office is expected.
Working as part of a small team of IP specialists in the Commercial Department with a strong focus on collaborating with our science teams, legal and external patent attorneys on IP identification and protection. Key responsibilities include:
• Review of invention disclosures
• Advising science teams on whether there is protectable IP
• Conducting Freedom to Operate searches
• Managing patent and trademark applications
• Dealing with patent prosecutions and queries
• Monitoring IP Portfolio budgets
• Being the first point of contact for the scientists to disclose their IP.
• Managing the relationship with our external patent attorneys.
• Safeguarding IP through the IP rights defined in contracts with 3rd parties.
• Qualified at degree level, preferably in Science or Engineering
• Qualification in IP Management is desirable
• Hands-on experience managing a science-based IP portfolio
• Experience of the UK and worldwide patent process
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- firstname.lastname@example.org - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.