|Salary||£30000 - £45000|
*Position available in two offices based in major UK cities - Please apply or get in touch for more details*
*Salary is flexible depending on experience*
This is a truly global law firm that serves the world's most innovative people and businesses, they have an established intellectual property dedicated department with a dynamic team.
As a mid-level to senior member of the formalities team, you would be working directly with the partners and trade mark associates, with light supervision from the senior formalities manager, to provide the team with the day-to-day formalities support for major international trade mark portfolios, as well as some smaller client accounts.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Handling high volume of UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO registry correspondence relating to trade marks and designs, filing and updating records database with deadlines and reminders as instructed by fee earners.
- Completing and submitting registry forms for new trade mark and design applications, oppositions, cancellation actions, assignments, renewals and other registry filings at UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO.
- Assisting with updating and creating reports from records database generally, setting up new accounts for access to the database for clients and providing them with training on its use.
- Preparing schedules of case/portfolio status reports and maintaining action lists, including attending client calls and meetings to note new actions.
- Opening new client and matter files for registry matters.
- Liaising with foreign associates in relation to basic prosecution matters (conveying instructions to file, assisting with supporting priority claims, liaising with foreign associates in relation to basic specification objections, checking on status of pending matters).
- Initial handling all other correspondence from foreign associates relating to new trade mark and design applications, oppositions, cancellation actions, assignments, renewals and other registry activity, and updating records database and implementing administrative tasks on such matters as requested by fee earners.
- Assisting with Powers of Attorney, notarisation and legalisation procedures, liaising with notaries and embassies.
- You must have around five years or more of experience in trade mark formalities, either in-house or private practice.
- Good knowledge of UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO practice and procedures.
- Strong IT skills - preferably knowledge of WebTMS trade mark database and some Excel and TrademarkNow knowledge useful.
- Proactive, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Client service focused.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Self-organised and able to prioritise and juggle a busy workload.
- Team worker.
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- Stephen@caseltonclark.co.uk - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.