|Salary||£28,000 - £32,000|
This is a leading European Intellectual Property firm that combine a strong trade mark practice with patent attorneys who cover all fields of technology. They are currently recruiting for a full-time Formalities Assistant who will be responsible for providing accurate and deadline-driven support to the Formalities Manager. The firms has a high volume of patent, design and trade mark work and the successful applicant will have the ability to manage their own work load with support from the Formalities Manager.
You will be providing key formalities support to Partners, Fee Earners and Support staff. Working on worldwide portfolios, you will need to have the required knowledge to deal with the requirements needed in various jurisdictions. This will include managing requests from agents, organising documentary requirements for different jurisdictions, including powers of attorney, certificates and having these notarized or legalized according to the country requirements. Core responsibilities (on which training will be provided) include:
•Updating and maintaining the patent, trade mark and design records.
•Downloading official communications and administering correspondence from the UK Intellectual Property Office, European Patent Office and EU Intellectual Property Office. Administering relevant correspondence received from overseas agents.
•Liaising with fee earners and support staff.
•Processing applications from filing to grant.
•Processing incoming mail, entering deadlines and adding service charges to Inprotech and assigning to the relevant person.
•Attending Records & Renewals Meetings.
•Assisting with other daily tasks in the Formalities department.
• Handling EPC Validation work.
• Patent formalities experience, gained as a Formalities Assistant/Administrator, covering at least 50% of the responsibilities listed above.
• Comfortable working to and taking personal responsibility for managing deadlines.
• Works well within a small team, working closely with Formalities Manager and other colleagues.
• Confidence in using IT systems, including a good working knowledge of Word and Outlook.
• Experience with trade mark formalities and design formalities would be a bonus.
• CIPA or CITMA Paralegal/Administrators Course(s) would be an advantage.
• Experience of using Inprotech
• Experience with Document Management Systems (e.g. Virtual Cabinet or others).
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- firstname.lastname@example.org - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.