*Salary - Currently confidential but competitive.*
Location - Can be based in any of the firm's offices with flexible working options available. (Please get in touch for more details).
With offices across major cities in the UK and some in Europe, this is one of Europe's largest dedicated intellectual property law firms. Established more than 100 years ago, they remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for their clients
Purpose: To support the EP Grant Formalities Manager and team in delivering a time critical, deadline driven service to our internal and external clients.
The successful candidate will preferably have experience in the European Rule 71(3) EPC and Grant process, although patent secretarial background would be considered for this role. Knowledge of using Patricia would also be beneficial.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Instructing French and German patent attorneys to prepare translations of the claims meeting the Rule 71(3) EPC requirements
- Filing French and German translations of the claims at the European Patent Office(EPO) and paying official grant and printing fees using EPO Online Filing software, reporting and invoicing clients
- Entering charges, preparing invoices, E-Billing and uploading invoices and LEDES files to online portals
- Preparing grant estimates
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, and you may be required to undertake duties outside of this list where necessary to ensure the needs of the business are met, such as:
- Instructing foreign patent attorneys to validate the granted patent at their respective patent offices and monitoring acknowledgements
- Preparing power of attorney forms
- Forwarding signed power of attorney forms to foreign patent attorneys
- Reporting Decision to Grant
- Checking and forwarding official Grant documents
- Monitoring and reporting End of Opposition notices to the client
- Knowledge and experience of the Rule 71(3) EPC and validation procedure
- A proactive approach to work and the ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrable experience of prioritising a heavy workload and managing time effectively
- Demonstrable experience of multitasking and forward planning
- A track record of generating standard procedures and templates for repeat tasks
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- email@example.com - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.