*Salary competitive but currently confidential at request of Client - Please apply or get in contact for details*
We are delighted to be partnered exclusively with SICPA, a leading global provider of secured authentication, identification and traceability solutions and services. They are a long-trusted advisor to governments, central banks, high-security printers, and industry.
For more than 70 years SICPA has been at the forefront of research and innovation in security inks which are at the core of the company’s expertise. SICPA inks and special features protect the majority of the world’s banknotes, security and value documents from counterfeiting and fraud. This position is within their inking division.
This role is based out of their Lausanne, Switzerland HQ and there is the option of a mixed arrangement of remote / office-based work.
The primary aim of this position is to ensure that technology extraction and protection are in-line with the business activated in the field of chemistry:
• Work closely with the Research & Development team and harvest and capture innovation.
• Pro-actively look for inventions and create and maintain awareness about use and necessity of patent applications. Solicit disclosures of inventions and assist inventors in timely filing accurate disclosures
• Liaise prior art search reports from external providers and assess feasibility and patentability.
• Contribute in the acquisition, protection, defense and enforcement (drafting, filing, prosecution, opposition, appeal) of patent rights; prosecution of a global patent portfolio in the assigned technical areas
• Formulate strategic practice recommendations in response to legal and technical developments.
• Prepare internal freedom to operate (FTO) opinions
• PhD and/or master degree in Chemistry - Open to chemical technology areas including pharmaceuticals, organic / inorganic chemistry, polymers, plastics, food formulations etc.
• You should be a qualified European Patent Attorney with ideally a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience.
• You must be able to work in English. French or German language skills would be a bonus.
• General knowledge and experience for handling and advising on trademark is a plus.
• Proactive, structured with a collaborative working style with solid team player attributes with the ability to manage relationships with different stakeholders in the company.
• Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional team across departments and divisions.
• Shows flexibility under stress and delivers quality work with strong attention to detail in an autonomous manner.
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- Stephen@caseltonclark.co.uk - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.