|Salary||£32,000 - 40,000|
*Currently a working from home position but as restrictions are eased it will be a blend of WFH / in office (2/3 days)*
This is a thriving London IP boutique, specialising in trade marks and designs. They act for a suite of famous brands, particularly in the entertainment, music, sport, publishing and fashion sectors.
We are seeking a permanent, capable and self-motivated Trade Mark Paralegal to join the team as soon as possible. The role is varied, challenging at times but professionally very rewarding. The office environment is casual and fun, as this firms pride itself on taking a different approach to their work.
Day-to-day work can be expected to follow:
• Drafting specifications and filing and prosecuting trade mark applications through to registration at the UKIPO and EUIPO;
• Filing and registering UK and EU design applications;
• Liaising with foreign attorneys to prepare and file foreign trade mark applications, including resolving specification queries and refusals on the relative grounds;
• Preparing arguments and written evidence at the UKIPO and EUIPO on the absolute and relative grounds;
• Drafting cease and desist letters;
• Dealing with trade mark renewals, recordals and licences;
• Docketing deadlines on our electronic system (IPPO/WebTMS);
• Instructing foreign attorneys to conduct trade mark searches;
• Filing and assisting in the drafting of oppositions, including extensions of cooling off periods, suspensions, notices of appeal and written statements of grounds (supported by a partner);
• Preparing and filing invalidity and revocation actions (supported by a partner);
• Ordering UK/EUTM searches, assisting with the analysing of results, and reporting to the client on risks/views;
The office working environment is informal, but the quality of advice is top-tier. They value experience, self-reliance and personal drive as much as qualifications. The successful candidate must therefore have hands-on experience of a broad range of the above.
It is highly preferable that applicants for this role have successfully completed the CITMA Paralegal course, the Queen Mary Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, or Bournemouth University’s Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property.
This role would suit a relevantly qualified and experienced candidate with circa 2 - 3 years’ experience who is keen to learn, develop and take responsibility for their advisory work output. All staff at this firm are hands-on, emailing and liaising with clients and other firm contacts directly, and monitoring and managing their own active matters. Attention to detail, concision, and clarity are therefore critical. The primary focus is always the client service, so those happy to take a proactive approach to their own workload and advice, with support from the partners as needed, will thrive.
---- Apply ---
Apply via this advert or email:- firstname.lastname@example.org - or - call:- +44 (0)20 8076 8393
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on +44 (0)20 8076 8393.